The faith foundation at Blackrod Church School is a vital element of the ethos and nature of the education provided there. The sad death of Margaret Jones from the Methodist Church has left a vacancy on the Board of Governors for a Church Governor.
School governors are expected to be ‘co-leaders’ in a school and this means getting the balance of skills around the Governing Board table just right and forming part of a supportive and constructive team to drive progress and opportunity ever forward.
As a general overview, below is an outline of the role of school governance:
– 6 meetings per year, usually Thursday evenings, 6-8pm
– Additional school activities by convenient appointment
– Educational skills and understanding (within a range)
– Commitment to improve the lives of young people
– Ability to work as part of a team
– Positive attitude towards change and challenge
Any member of the congregation wishing to be involved with school governance as a representative of St Katharine’s Church should make an appointment with the Head Teacher through the school office on 01204 333520.
Any appointment to the governing body is generally for 4 years and would have to be approved by the PCC with a regular commitment to report back to the PCC.